We hope you enjoy our travel stories, guides and tips! If so, please consider supporting our work.
Save on Pinterest to read it later.
1. Visit the Historic Centre of Medellin and learn about the city's past
2. Witness the impressive transformation of Comuna 13
3. Go for a panoramic ride with the Cable Car
4. Visit the Museo Casa de la Memoria
Many displays are in Spanish so we recommend to install the Google Translate app to be able to translate texts into your preferred language in real time. Also, there is an English audioguide available as a mobile app, so make sure to bring your headphones.
5. Explore Medellin’s Museum of Antioquia
6. Try local food and have a coffee in Laureles
7. Enjoy the best restaurants and bars in El Poblado
8. Try our exotic fruits in Plaza Minorista Jose Maria Villa
9. Spend an afternoon in Parque Arvi
10. Paraglide high over Medellin
11. Have a day trip to Guatape & Piedra del Peñol Rock
12. Nightlife in Medellin
How to avoid ATM fees in Colombia? In Colombia almost all ATMs charge a fee when withdrawing money, ranging from 10.500 – 25.000 COP. Choose an ATM from Banco Davidienda, as they currently don’t charge any fees. Remember to always decline currency conversion to avoid markup fees to the conversion rates.
In Colombia, daily menus, often referred to as “menú del día,” are a popular way to enjoy affordable meals at local restaurants. These menus typically consist of three courses: a soup or salad as a starter, a main course, and a beverage. The main course often includes a choice of meat, rice or potatoes, beans, and sometimes a fried plantain. These daily menus are an excellent opportunity to experience the diverse and flavorful Colombian cuisine while staying within your budget.